Jobs @ NIH - Discover a Career at NIH: It's About Life
Instructions for Qualifications Based on Foreign Education
Applicants who have completed part or all of their education outside of the U.S. must have their foreign education evaluated by an accredited organization to ensure that the foreign education is comparable to education received in accredited educational institutions in the U.S. You must provide this evaluation before a job offer is made. We will only accept the completed foreign education evaluation.
To be acceptable, the foreign credential evaluation must include/describe:
- The type of education received;
- The level of education in relation to the U.S. education system, and state that its comparability recommendations follow the general guidelines of the U.S. National Council for the Evaluation of Foreign Educational Credentials;
- The content of the educational program earned abroad and the standard obtained;
- The status of the awarding foreign school's recognition and legitimacy in its home country's education system; and
- Any other information of interest such as what the evaluation service did to obtain this information, the qualifications of the evaluator, and any indications as to other problems such as forgery.
For more information on Foreign Education verification, visit the US Department of Education. Another listing of services that can perform this evaluation is available at the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) website.